You Can Ask For Travel!



As many of you know, I've been off the grid for awhile, enjoying my 11th trip to India, and 10th to study specifically with my teacher, Ashtanga Yoga Guru Sharathji. It was an eye-opening experience, as it always is, to be with him and to immerse myself in Indian culture. What I didn't expect, were the ways it would open my eyes to the whole world and to help me see myself more clearly as a woman raised in the American system. It was the European students especially this trip that gave me my greatest lessons and helped me to truly feel world perspective as I went through the American presidential election from abroad.

World perspective is invaluable and deeply difficult to achieve wrapped as we are in our life-long cultures. It is the gift of open-hearted, regular travel. It is a present I realize now more than ever is essential and one which trumps any material item tucked under festive bush or tree.

It was with that spirit fresh in my bones that sat down to write my latest piece, published yetserday in Elephant Journal about how to ask for travel as your gift this holiday season. I hope you will take a look and that it will inspire you to join me in Iceland this August or travel anywhere you gravitate to in 2017!

Full Elephant Journal article :http://www.elephantjournal.com/2016/11/why-im-not-giving-gifts-this-holiday-season-what-im-doing-instead/

Iceland Retreat travel details: http://landlaraland.com/retreats/iceland-retreat/